As a CISO and a leader, you are responsible for the security of your organization’s software. This book will provide best practices for implementing a Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) in your organization. This allows you and your organization to create secure software while maximizing business value.
Our book ‘A Comprehensive Guide to Application Security for CISOs offers a unique and holistic approach that allows you to cost-effectively integrate a state-of-the-art SDL into the organization’s security program and product life cycle.
After reading this book, you will be able to achieve the following business values for your organization:
- Reduce risk from application-based vulnerabilities while reducing the time and effort required from your organization to respond to common security issues.
- Adopting a secure manner and standard practices such as ‘shift-left’ and transitioning to the public cloud, in addition to implementing a zero-trust security model, will allow your organization to stay competitive in a rapidly changing reality.
- Allow your organization’s leadership and board members to demonstrate their commitment to promoting a culture of trust and accountability, a cornerstone of any well-run business.
- Improve internal collaboration and efficiency by adopting DevSecOps. This philosophy bridges the gap between development, security, and operations teams, fostering a culture of shared responsibility and seamless collaboration. It helps break down silos and encourages faster, more secure, and more efficient delivery of applications.
- Improved compliance with industry regulations, such as ISO 27001, CMMC, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- Increased customer trust. By adopting the secure by design and default principle, your organization can build trust with customers and partners. This can increase sales, improve customer retention, and a more substantial brand reputation.